Make Fitness a priority this Easter and all year long. Eat right, exercise, get in shape this Spring! Be ready for Summer. SCV Pro-Fitness is here to help.
Join Chuck and get started towards reaching your fitness goals. 661-645-1656
- Exchange Non-Food gifts. Easter doesn’t have to be all about chocolate. Bring up the subject with family and friends and suggest some non-chocolate gifts to exchange with each other. Why not try books, candles, keepsakes, egg or bunny-themed toys, or Easter-themed clothing?
- Keep exercising, (at least 3 days Easter Week). Just because Easter is a holiday doesn’t mean you must stop exercising. If anything, the extra time off work is an excuse for more visits to the gym and extra activities! With the spring sun shining why not bring the family out for an outdoor walk, jog, or bike ride.
- Spread it out. If you do receive some chocolate or snacks this Easter, spread them out over a longer period of the day.
- Suggestive Word Game. This is a fun game to play whilst keeping fit! Choose a different word for each day over the Easter weekend that triggers an exercise. For example, if someone says bunny, that can mean squats… Every time someone says bunny, everyone must stop what they’re doing and do 10 bunny squats, or whatever you choose the exercise to be.! Some other words to use are chick, egg, or chocolate. Get creative and make it silly and fun.
- Replace candy eggs with Real Eggs. Eggs are perfect for any meal during the day. They are high in protein and great for aiding muscle growth. Try replacing all, if not some, of your chocolate eggs for real eggs this Easter.
- Hydrate, drink a lot of water. Drinking water can help heed your hunger cue and boost energy. It also a natural metabolic enhancer, helping to aid weight loss.
- Be sensible! Watch your portion sizes. Go easy on carbs and fill your plate with veggies. If you are enjoying some holiday treats then pass on dessert after dinner.
- If you are eating Chocolate, Go for the Dark. Why not try and stick to dark chocolate this Easter? With a higher cocoa content, it is more nutritious and less fattening than milk and white chocolates. Try a bar of decent quality chocolate that is over 70% cocoa. Still, remember to consume in moderation!
- Keep Up with your Workout Calendar. Easter weekend can be a busy time for most, and you may lose track of time. Try keeping a schedule in a specific time to do a workout and make sure you stick to it.
- Save it for Later. Instead of munching on chocolate throughout the day, try and keep it to dessert time only. After all, it is meant to be a treat!